ICS Parent Teacher Organization
We are grateful to have an active and engaged parent teacher organization (PTO).
The mission of the ICS PTO is to promote a sense of community in the school, to develop and support enrichment programs and services for our students and families, and to provide input on all areas of school activity. PTO initiatives include:
- Fundraisers and community-building events
- Staff and teacher appreciation week
- Supplemental family assistance
- Budget relief for classrooms
- Facilities and technology improvements
- Communication via the PTO Facebook page and e-newsletters
- After-school programming and partnerships, scholarships, and support
- Volunteers for school events and programs
“There is no better way to be part of your child’s school life than to show up and volunteer.”
—Danielle K., PTO Co-president
All members of the ICS community—families, caregivers, teachers, and staff—are welcome. Interpretation and child care are available upon request.
PTO meetings are held monthly in the ICS Community Room from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- October 7, 2019
- November 4, 2019
- December 9, 2019 – Cancelled
- January 13, 2020 – Cancelled
- February 10, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- April 6, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- June 8, 2020
Email PTO@internationalcharterschool.org to get involved.
“Ser parte de, y colaborar con el PTO de ICS a lo largo de los años, es un privilegio que me permite contribuir mi granito de arena con una escuela que le ha dado tanto a mis hijos y a mi familia.”
—Martha M., ICS PTO Co-president
2019-20 PTO Executive Team
Danielle Kachapis, Co-President
Martha Meier, Co-President
Jessica Murphy, Co-Treasurer
Kimberly Martins, Co-Treasurer
Rosa DeVarona, Assistant Director
Annetti Perea, Family and Community Relation Liaison, 401-721-0824, ext. 214
Vacant, Communications Coordinators for Social Media, Newsletter, Fliers
Event chairs are also always needed.